We aim to promote and deliver the best health outcomes for children and young people. This theme involves the Great North Children’s Hospital, the Great North Children’s Research Community, and the newly-established Academic Clinical Directorate.
We’ve been working closely with the research nurses from the Great North Children’s Hospital Clinical Research unit to embed research into everyday clinical practice.
The Great North Children’s Research Community now has over 120 members from a wide range of organisations and disciplines.
- To embed research in the Great North Children’s Hospital, making it an integral part of clinical care.
- To engage with all service users to inform them that they can participate in research.
- To give children and young people a voice in research.
- To deliver scientific advance and clinical innovations through excellence in research.
- To nurture and grow clinical researchers and academic potential.
- To work with partners across organisational boundaries to facilitate research and training.
- To build a community of excellence in the North East and North Cumbria.
< back to research